Friday, October 19, 2007

Andrew Keen, Cult of the Amateur

All right, I've read the introduction to this book and I have to go wash the vomit out of my mouth. Is there any reason at all for me to read this? I thought it might feature an interesting perspective, I mean it's certainly an inflammatory idea, but it looks like it's just bitter reactionary fearmongering. Writing the first faux tell-all of the Web 2.0 movement must have been the easiest way to grab a buck, and judging from his writing, well, let's just say I hope it was easy. Andrew Keen is making me sick. Carole, do you know if there's any value in reading the rest of this? Not sure if this should be on my reading list.

Edit: Our trust in conventional advertising is being undermined? Oh no! Hahahahahahahaha

1 comment:

Desirina said...

This is now my favorite blog in the whole wide world.